Why all learning is post-hypnotic
Length: 4 hours: 9.30am–1.30pm
Tutor: Ivan Tyrrell
Suitable for: Anyone interested in psychology, human behaviour, mental health, wellbeing, education or self-development
CPD Certificate: 4 hours
* Limited places *
Book your place
- Price: £95 per person
Out of stock
Live online – New date TBA. Join Ivan Tyrrell, a leading authority on hypnosis and trance states, from the comfort of your home to explore this important topic in more detail. You will have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and join in the stimulating discussion. All you need is a computer or tablet and a strong internet signal, the rest is easy – simply book your place and we will email you details of how to join this morning workshop via Zoom.
NB A recording of the training will be available to delegates for 2 weeks afterwards in case anyone experiences technical difficulties on the day.
Why take this course
A fundamental, but little known, part of being human is that all learning, and the pleasures we enjoy, involve trance states.
Our ability to focus attention has enabled us to make great advances in science, philosophy and the arts. It is hugely helpful in therapy, medicine and education – but it also has a downside making us vulnerable to being conditioned, manipulated and psychologically traumatised.
This new half-day course gives you profound information, which is crucial for our individual and collective sanity. Self-development depends on knowing that where we focus our attention and how we spend our time is crucial. An in-depth understanding of the role of trance in everyday life and what this means for our rapidly fracturing society – with its constant diet of social media – is becoming increasingly urgent.
Our natural propensity to go into trance has great advantages but it can also stop us thinking critically, be easily misused, even damage individuals and make whole populations ‘less than human’.
You know if Ivan's chosen to focus on a subject that it's important – his work has increased my understanding tremendouslyMike Miller
What you will learn
- How to protect yourself from harmful conditioning and brainwashing
- A deeper understanding of human potential, including your own
- Why knowledge and automatic behaviours are post-hypnotic phenomena
- The role of trance in everyday life and our wider society
- Knowledge of how psychological traumas (including PTSD) are created
- The impact cultural trauma can have
- Why scientific breakthroughs arise from trance states
- The importance of recognising that attention energy is a limited capacity, which can be hijacked and harvested
- Useful insight into what hypnosis is and its connection to dreaming
- Why hypnosis is such an effective tool, but one that should be used with care, understanding and integrity
- Information about trance and suggestibility
- Insight into why the world seems to be rapidly getting crazier
- The difference between learning and indoctrination
- Why we pattern match to metaphors in trance
- What is needed for healthy group learning
- The dangers of social and digital media
- How to protect yourself against the dangers of cults and ‘groupthink’
- And more…
The live online ‘Why all learning is post-hypnotic’ course starts at 9.30am and runs until 1.30pm (BST).
This new live online event gives you a unique opportunity to train with Ivan Tyrrell, co-founder of the human givens approach, and co-author with Joe Griffin of best-selling books about mental health.
Throughout the session there will be plenty of opportunities for you to ask questions and for stimulating discussion.