Our fundraising promise
At the Human Givens Foundation we are committed to being completely open and transparent about our fundraising and spending, about where we get our money and the way in which it is spent.
We are members of the Fundraising Standards Board’s (FRSB) self-regulatory scheme. The FRSB works to ensure that organisations raising money for charity from the public do so honestly and properly. As members of the scheme, we follow the Institute of Fundraising’s Code of Fundraising Practice and comply with the key principles embodied in the Code and in this Promise:
We Are Committed to High Standards
- We do all we can to ensure that fundraisers, volunteers and fundraising contractors working with us to raise funds comply with the Code and with this Promise.
- We comply with the law including those that apply to data protection, health and safety and the environment.
We Are Honest and Open
- We tell the truth and do not exaggerate.
- We do what we say we are going to do.
- We answer all reasonable questions about our fundraising activities and costs.
Please contact us, browse this site or see our latest published Annual Report if you require further details.
We Are Clear
- We are clear about who we are, what we do and how your gift is used.
- Where we have a promotional agreement with a commercial company, we make clear how much of the purchase price we receive.
- We give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and amend a regular commitment.
We Are Respectful
- We respect the rights, dignities and privacy of our supporters and beneficiaries.
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift and if you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision.
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so.
We Are Fair and Reasonable
- We take care not to use any images or words that cause unjustifiable distress or offence.
- We take care not to cause unreasonable nuisance or disruption.
We Are Accountable
- We have a complaints procedure which you can view here. If we cannot resolve your complaint, we accept the authority of the FRSB to make a final adjudication.
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint.
“The human givens approach gives us a larger frame of reference to work from and has enormous potential for unifying diverse strands of thinking in psychology.”
– Dr Kevin Epps