Guided imagery and visualisation for therapeutic change
Essential skills for successfully treating a wide range of conditions – such as trauma, addictions, anxiety and depression – as well as making long-lasting behaviour changes and much more…
Guided imagery and visualisation for therapeutic change
Length 1 day (9.30am - 4.00pm)
Tutor: Rosalind Townsend
CPD Certificate: 6 hours
- Price: £192 per person
Price includes lunch, refreshments and course notes
LIMITED SPACES available per course
This has been a priceless experience. Life-changing. Brilliant, simply brilliant!Counsellor / Ex IT Service Manager
NEXT DATE: Monday 23rd January, Bristol – this popular course fills up fast, book your place online now or call our friendly team on 01323 811690 to avoid disappointment. Other dates and venues available.
Why take this course
Strong emotions focus and lock attention – keeping people trapped in problem behaviours. Therapeutic change cannot happen until the emotional arousal is reduced. This is why all health and welfare professionals need to know how to induce the relaxation response in their clients. Guided imagery and visualisation not only reduce emotional arousal quickly but can be used to reframe life circumstances through metaphor and to rehearse in the imagination any required changed behaviours and/or feelings, which dramatically increases the likelihood of those changes taking place in ‘real life’.
If you want to be able to help people effectively, this is a key course to attend – guided imagery is an essential skill required for removing phobias, curing PTSD, lifting depression and overcoming addictions or self-harm, and is also useful for raising self-confidence and increasing motivation. When you become confident in using these skills, you can begin to bring patients out of the emotionally-driven trance states of a wide range of conditions such as anxiety disorders, addiction, anger, stress overload, trauma, depression, chronic pain and much more.
That is why guided imagery is one of the most powerful psychotherapeutic tools available to us – and one you need in your ‘toolkit’.
Fascinating way of working with clients – relaxation techniques very powerful. Extremely relevant to practice. Good techniques and strategies learnt to use with clients to help them problem solve and move forward.Health Visitor
What will you learn
- Powerful new ways to improve treatment outcomes
- Training and practice in using one of the most effective psycho-
therapeutic tools available for treating a wide range of emotional and physical conditions
- Invaluable ways to motivate people, reframe life circumstances and instigate changes in behaviour
- Insight into how the mind/body communication system works
- Greater confidence when working with a wide variety of conditions
- Supervised practise in generating healing trances
- The core skills you need to acquire for the rewind technique for treating PTSD and phobias
- A variety of ways to help people relax
- Ways to reduce pain, including in childbirth
- Increased understanding of trance states and their role in everyday life
- Effective skills for helping people improve their performance – sports, public speaking etc.
- The opportunity to experience relaxation, guided imagery and visualisation yourself
- A scientifically-sound knowledge of why the various techniques and skills you will gain are so valuable
- And much more
Good to know
The skills you will learn on this course are an essential pre-requisite for taking the The Rewind Technique – Effective treatment for trauma (PTSD) and phobias course.
You will also need them for the following courses too:
Further guided imagery techniques can be learnt and practised on our NEW workshop: Guided Imagery 2 – essential techniques
The ‘Guided imagery and visualisation for therapeutic change’ course starts at 9.30am and runs until 4.00pm.
Who is this course suitable for?
- Anyone who wants to help people effectively and for the long-term, particularly those involved in mental and physical healthcare would benefit from attending
- Psychotherapists, counsellors and mental health workers – these skills are essential to have to work with a wide range of conditions and for ensuring long-term behaviour change (see list below)
- Trained hypnotherapists looking to extend and build on their existing skillset and understanding
The information and skills taught are extremely useful for dealing with: Stress; addictions; agoraphobia; allergies; anorexia; anger; asthma; bed wetting; blood pressure; bulimia; depression; lack of confidence; chronic pain; eczema; frustration; guilt; grief; hay fever; inhibition; insomnia; irritable bowel (IBS); relationship/marital difficulties; migraine; nightmares; obsessions (OCD); pain control; panic attacks; phobias (all kinds); sexual difficulties (impotence, premature ejaculation and vaginismus); shyness; skin disorders and trauma (PTSD); flashbacks; ulcers; warts and worrying.
You can also control blood pressure, stimulate the immune system, promote healing of damaged skin tissue and bones and give birth easier using guided imagery and visualisation.
So many useful techniques which I can use as soon as I get back to work. I leave feeling that at last I have found a way of thinking around therapy that makes sense.Parenting Advisor
Totally absorbing! Seems almost ‘too’ easy, but it’s not – paradoxical and deep. Earth moving on a personal level, can see what I need to let go of and view things with a new perspective.Pupil Support Officer
I have found it so valuable as a skill in my work helping children’s emotional wellbeing and working with anxious, fearful children, stressed staff and bewildered parents.Teacher