What our training can help with
Our practical, down-to-earth psychotherapy training courses give you the necessary psychological knowledge and therapeutic skills (including guided imagery, the therapeutic use of language and storytelling) to help people overcome a wide range of difficulties, including:
- how to lift depression, explain the symptoms and causes of depression and prevent it from reoccuring, and even to help those suffering from bi-polar depression to manage their condition more effectively
- help people having suicidal thoughts
- help with anxiety, including: panic attacks, social anxiety, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), phobias, psychosexual problems, obsessional compulsive disorders (OCD) and anxiety related to work, money, health, surgery, childbirth, terror threats, dying etc.
- stop flashbacks and detraumatise life-threatening events, explain PTSD symptoms and detraumatise bad memories
- help with insomnia
- help people struggling with self-harm or OCD
- stop repetitive, compulsive behaviours
- stop addictive behaviour (heavy drinking, drugs, smoking, shopping addiction, sex addictions, gambling etc.), minimise withdrawal symptoms and help prevent relapses
- explain addictive behaviour and how it hijacks the brain’s natural learning mechanism
- help with anger problems, provide effective anger management strategies and practical advice for those dealing with extreme anger, violence or rage in others
- reduce stress and stress-overload
- help with schizophrenia, reduce psychotic episodes and prevent psychotic breakdowns, provide insights into the causes of psychosis and schizophrenia and therefore how to manage them
- help with relationship problems, relationship breakdowns and insecurity in relationships, be able to provide effective and unbiased couple counselling
- help with medical conditions, promote healing and recovery, relieve pain including persistent unexplained pain
- help troubled children and adolescents to get their emotional needs met, improve difficult behaviour, stop anti social behaviour and make a life for themselves that works…
The more courses you attend, the greater your effectiveness will be.
Thinking of becoming a counsellor or psychotherapist?
If you’re considering a career in counselling or psychotherapy, we recommend you take the following online courses before deciding which route to take:
Both also count towards Part 1 of the Human Givens Diploma, should you decide to train with us.