Co-Founder of the Human Givens approach
Joe Griffin is a psychologist with many years’ experience both in psychotherapeutic practice and in training psychotherapists. His influence on psychotherapy has been enormous among those who value effectiveness above all. Over the last two decades, as co-developer of the human givens approach to psychology and behaviour, thousands of health professionals have enjoyed his practical workshops and seminars on brief therapy for treating anxiety related disorders, depression, trauma and addiction. Many of these can be watched online.
Since it is widely recognised that much mental distress comes from work related stress he is increasingly in demand by businesses to help them run more effectively by taking account of the innate needs of customers, employees, suppliers, owners and shareholders.
For many years the Educational Director of the College, he is at the leading edge of skills-based therapy research and practice. He is widely recognised as one of the most informed and entertaining speakers on human behaviour and is also co-author, with Ivan Tyrrell, of numerous books and publications. These include:
- Human Givens: the new approach to emotional health and clear thinking
- How to lift depression… fast
- Why we dream: the definitive answer
- Freedom from Addiction: The secret behind successful addiction busting
- How to Master Anxiety
- Release from Anger: Practical help for controlling unreasonable rage
- Godhead: The Brain’s Big Bang – the explosive origin of creativity, mysticism and mental illness
plus numerous articles and ground-breaking monographs on various aspects of psychology, counselling and human behaviour.