Effective Anger Management
Have you ever felt powerless in the face of anger? If so, this practical and highly informative course is for you – learn how to take back control…
Effective Anger Management
Tutor: Joe Griffin
Accredited CPD Certificate: 6 hours
- Price: £159 per person
Price includes course notes and life-long access
Distressing, inappropriate and often violent expressions of frustration, anger and rage are on the increase in all areas of public and private life causing ill-health, stress, misery and sometimes even injury and death.
Very useful – a real eye opener'Mind' Worker
Why take this course
The best way to help yourself and others is to understand the causes, triggers and behaviour patterns of anger, and to learn effective techniques for diffusing and coping with aggressive situations.
Leading expert Joe Griffin’s online course gives you those valuable techniques and the information you need.
It covers: anger and health; anger at work; anger in school; road rage; anger and personal safety; anger in relationships; aggressive public out-bursts of rage and much more.
It also contains essential information – that will help to keep you safe – if you deal with the general public or work with people suffering from anger disorders.
Incredibly helpful – for home and workRegistered Care Manager
What will you learn
- Enhanced personal safety in potentially dangerous situations
- A new ‘toolbox’ of effective strategies for calming down and dealing with angry people
- Greater understanding about the relationship between anger and emotional and physical health
- Insight into what triggers your own anger – and how to control it
- Better communication and conflict resolution skills
- The Five Myths about anger – that everyone needs to know
- Information about the effects of anger on our minds and bodies
- Ways to diffuse potentially violent situations
- Three invaluable techniques for disarming criticism
- Why people react aggressively without thinking of the consequences
- The difference between healthy and destructive anger
- Understanding road-rage – and how to reduce it
- The importance of helping children to manage their anger better
- A better understanding of why anger and aggression are on the increase
- Ways to inoculate yourself against stress build-up
- How to deal with passive aggression
- What makes a ‘rage-aholic’ – why getting angry can become addictive
- Using non-verbal signals to diffuse situations
- Improved treatment strategies for helping patients and clients master their uncontrolled anger
- Course notes
- CPD certificate, that also counts towards the Human Givens Diploma
- and much more…
Who is this course suitable for?
- If you deal professionally with members of the public in difficult, stressful circumstances, this course – presented without jargon – is for you
- If you counsel or treat angry people, this training is for you
- If anger is affecting you personally – or you would simply like to deepen your understanding of anger and its effects – this course will be of benefit to you too
‘Effective Anger Management’ is based on our one-day seminar of the same name. This online version is split into 4 modules, each of which are broken down further into different sections containing filmed lectures given in English by the tutor, Joe Griffin.
Each film clip is followed by a short series of multiple choice questions. These are designed to help you think about and absorb the course content and to check that you have understood the main points of that section before proceeding to the next.
There are also course notes for you to download, plus additional reading information and helpful links.
You can take as long as you like to work your way through the course and can view it as many times as you like.
Once you have completed the course, you will receive a CPD certificate, which counts towards the Human Givens Diploma.
Meet your tutor
Joe Griffin is a psychologist with many years’ experience both in psychotherapeutic practice and in training psychotherapists.
Share this course
The whole course was just excellent, lots of valuable and useful information all presented in an informative and entertaining way.Support Needs Co-ordinator
I have anger problems of my own, or so I have been told, but I also work in the segregation department of the prison, and I will use the skills/information I've learnt today to help me with dealing with difficult/angry prisoners.Prison Officer
All very useful – I have an extreme interest and a passion for improving children's lives. I will be looking into the Diploma as a result of this first course.Teacher
I found this course more informative and important than I had expected. The psychological, physiological and social aspects were really interesting. Thank you so much. Joe was amazing. Can’t believe he can talk for so long with such intreguing helpful stories.
Despite a short break from following the Part 1 online courses, I was happy to find that my grasp and understanding of the Human Givens model and its relevance to everyday life is continuing to grow. This excellent, well-structured Anger Management course brings much of what I’m learning into context through practical examples and case histories: reflective listening, re-framing, the potential of the observing self. Useful in my personal life as well as my working relationships. Really good! Thanks.
For me, this has been the best of the diploma courses so far. It has changed my whole outlook: relationships with returning adult offspring and husband were being tested in week 6 of Covid-19 lockdown. Together, we learned to change our language; listen reflectively; reframe situations and look at how we could meet each-others’ emotional needs. This course is a tool for life, not just as a HG professional. Thank you!
I really appreciated this learning experience. I felt it was almost as good as being at the seminars. Joe’s delivery was clear and confident, obviously based on his experience and research. I know I shall make great use of the concepts.
Enjoyed the course and have successfully used the material in my work with good results. Joe did not disappoint , delivery and presentation were excellent. Thanks
Without doubt, the best of all the online courses I’ve done. Fascinating, relaxed delivery and so important!
I thoroughly enjoyed this course and found the information very useful in enhancing my work as well as applying in my personal life.
Human Givens courses are each part of a mosaic which builds up with each course to provide a comprehensive view of human needs and resources. Each course however, tackles an area and looks at the human fundamentals from the point of view of one or more problems which adversely affect human beings. Effective Anger Management throws an interesting and useful light onto anger and its management in oneself and in others. As is often the case, I found that more pieces of the jigsaw of what it means to be human fell into place and more of the picture comes into view. And more importantly, one acquires useful techniques for life and in this case, for anger management.
Having done several courses over the years on handling aggression, I was surprised at how much I could learn from this course. Loads of useful information and practical strategies.
I was impressed with the holistic vision of human beings as evident in the human givens approach. The content of your lectures are very clear and well illustrated.
I appreciated the enormous amount of relevant and up-to-date information which was presented in a very palatable way – with humour too! Presentation made a lot of sense, was jargon-free and made me rethink some of my previous work in this area with clients – time for an update! I was never bored or lost focus! Thank you for such a stimulating and thought-provoking course.