Why we dream: the definitive answer
by Joe Griffin and Ivan Tyrrell
Format: Paperback (265pp)
- Price: £11.99 £8.99
773 in stock
The remarkable story of how the Irish psychologist Joe Griffin went on a quest to discover why dreaming evolved – and eventually succeeded.
With a strikingly simple, intuitively and scientifically satisfying explanation for why we dream, he reveals what dreams do for us and gives readers the key to understanding their own remembered dreams.
Since earliest times, humankind has puzzled over and been inspired by the self-evident symbolism in dream. In modern times the phenomenon remained a mystery to science – until the explanation revealed in this book was announced, tested and found useful.
Definitive AND game changing!John Zada
Thanks to Griffin’s experiments and his ‘expectation fulfilment theory’ we now know that dreaming keeps us sane, or, in certain circumstances, can drive us mad (psychotic). And this knowledge has opened up wonderful new possibilities for humanity: greater creativity; improved mental health and deeper understanding of who we are.
Why we dream is full of real-life stories, dream examples and case histories. It also explains why dreaming and daydreaming are crucial to human development, and why stories and metaphors have universal appeal. Why we dream: the definitive answer will genuinely change lives and rejuvenate psychology.
Key topics covered:
- How to work out what our dreams really mean
- How daydreaming, hypnosis, creativity, dreaming and lucid dreaming are related
- Why our dreams seem so intense and significant when we experience them, and yet are so easily forgotten
- Why everyone loves stories
- The connection between emotions and dreams
- Why psychotic people appear to be living out bad dreams
- Why animals dream differently from us … and much more.