The Rewind Technique
Effective treatment for trauma (PTSD) and phobias
The refined version of the rewind technique that you will learn on this 2-day workshop is an extremely safe, unintrusive and reliably effective psychological intervention for treating trauma and phobias
The Rewind Technique – Effective treatment for trauma (PTSD) and phobias
Length: 2 days (9.30am–4.00pm)
Course requirements: Please attend the Guided imagery and visualisation workshop before booking onto this course.
CPD Certificate: 12 hours
- Price: £384 per person
Price includes lunch, refreshments and course notes
LIMITED SPACES available per course
NEXT DATE: Thurs 22nd–Fri 23rd April, Leamington Spa – book online now or call our friendly team on 01323 811690 for further details.
Life-changing! A great weight has been lifted off my shoulders.Nurse (Previously traumatised by a car accident)
Before attending this course you must complete our Guided Imagery and Visualisation workshop. This is to ensure that you have the necessary skills for practising the rewind technique safely and effectively. You would also find it useful to attend the Therapeutic Power of Language workshop beforehand if you can. All 3 workshops count towards Part 1 of the HG Diploma.
Why take this course
Even the most severe phobic and post-traumatic stress (PTSD) symptoms can be successfully removed using the version of the Rewind Technique you will learn on this 2-day course.
Easy to learn – under the careful guidance of an expert tutor – this is one of the most important skills you need to be able to work successfully with any anxiety disorder and an essential therapeutic technique to have in your ‘toolkit’.
Using the rewind technique you can, in often as little as one or two sessions, detraumatise bad memories, stop flashbacks and other PTSD symptoms, cure phobias, banish nightmares and reduce anxiety so you can help the victims of abuse, rape, violence, car accidents, fire, terrorism and panic attacks, heart attacks and other life-threatening experiences.
It is also invaluable for helping people who have suffered persistent physical or sexual abuse, and people with OCD. People suffering from other conditions, such as depression, addictions or uncontrollable anger, may have experienced a traumatic event, which needs to be successfully detraumatised in order for them to move on with their lives.
A huge benefit of this technique is that it is non-intrusive – there is no need for individuals to go into the specific details of the events that have traumatised them. This helps avoid embedding the trauma further and also helps protect therapists and counsellors from being indirectly traumatised themselves.
Those who have done this course have already brought relief to thousands of people. (case history)
This has huge potential to change people's lives for the better. I can't wait to put what I've learnt here to good use.Psychiatric Support Worker
What will you learn
- The ability to detraumatise people quickly and safely
- The necessary skills to remove even severe phobias
- A clear understanding of the fear response and how PTSD and phobias develop
- The detrimental impact traumas and phobias can have on a person’s life
- The crucial role of the pattern-matching processes in the brain in triggering phobic responses and post traumatic stress symptoms
- Why critical incident debriefing increases the incidence of PTSD
- How the main treatment techniques for treating post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), sub-threshold trauma and phobias (including EMDR, EFT and CBT) work – their advantages and disadvantages
- Why this version of the rewind technique is safer and more reliable
- Trauma-focused rewinding: The psycho-biological reason why the refined rewind technique works so consistently well
- A step-by-step breakdown of the essential stages of the rewind technique
- The chance to see a live demonstration of removing a phobia or PTSD symptoms in one session
- Under careful guidance from the tutor, participants practice each stage of the technique in pairs
- You then practice the entire process with other course participants, again under supervision
- Abreactions – and what to do if this occurs with a client
- The advantages of using a non-intrusive psychological technique to treat trauma, PTSD and phobias
- Knowledge of when not to use this technique – and what can be done instead
- ‘Complex Trauma’: How the technique was used in a complex case of a girl who was seriously affected by childhood racial and sexual abuse, the murder of two friends and witnessing another friend’s suicide. (We view a filmed therapy session and subsequent follow up session, by which time all symptoms had disappeared.)
- How you can carefully apply this technique to relieve a huge range of anxiety disorders
- Greater confidence in dealing with anxiety disorders and distress caused by trauma, phobias and flashbacks
- Plenty of opportunity to ask questions and to experience and practice, under careful guidance, the various stages of the rewind technique yourself
Good to know
This is a powerful technique, which needs to be implemented with care – we recommend you learn it in person with a skilled and highly experienced tutor who can guide you through the important steps involved, oversee you as you practice them and give you crucial direct feedback. (It is not a good idea to learn or practice the rewind technique using a pre-written script.)
Who is this course suitable for?
Anyone working with distressed, phobic or traumatised people, who has already taken our Guided Imagery and Visualisation workshop (and ideally the Therapeutic Power of Language workshop too) as these skills are essential components of the rewind technique.
If you help traumatised people (including children) or people suffering from any form of phobia or anxiety disorder – this includes: psychotherapists, counsellors, mental health nurses, OTs, health visitors, social workers, psychiatrists, GPs, clinical psychologists, midwives, welfare officers, youth workers, hypnotherapists and those working with traumatised members of public services, such as: firefighters, police, paramedics and military personnel – you will find the rewind technique and associated skills hugely helpful.
This intense 2-day training proceeds through a blend of talks, live demonstrations, skill-developing exercises, practice sessions (under careful guidance) and deconstruction of filmed examples of the technique being used, including one with a severely traumatised young woman. There is also plenty of opportunity for networking and discussion during the breaks.
This technique should be more widely known and much more readily available to people. It could relieve so much unnecessary suffering, let alone save the NHS money.General Practitioner
The traumatised police officers I work with will benefit hugely from what I've learnt today – thank you all so much.Occupational Health Welfare Advisor
Very powerful therapy, appreciated the chance to practice it and ‘feel’ how it works myself.Youth Worker/School Counsellor