The uses and abuses of hypnosis
Tutor: Ivan Tyrrell
CPD Certificate 1.5 hours
- Price: £25 £20 – SAVE 20% per person
Price includes CPD Certificate and life-long access
Thanks so much. Brilliant! Hugely informative.J. Williams
After a lifetime of studying hypnosis and trance states Ivan Tyrrell, co-developer of the human givens approach to psychotherapy, shares his valuable clear thinking on the topic.
Wonderful explanation of trance…G. Emerson
What will you learn
- The difference between hypnosis and trance
- The underlying reason why so many different inductions induce trance states
- The deepest trance state of all. Nature’s solution to a major problem of the mammalian kingdom
- What is beneficial and useful about trancework, such as speeding up treatment for depression, anxiety disorders, addiction, PTSD, pain control, boosting confidence and aiding in the healing physiological damage to the body
- The many half-truths put forward by hypnotherapy schools and why great care and integrity are needed to practice because using hypnosis can also abuse and permanently damage people
- The harm hypnosis can easily do. The dangers are real for the hypnotist and the hypnotised
- Conditioning, cults and manipulation of large groups for dark purposes – all done using hypnosis
- ‘The Observing Self’ – the complementary principle to focused trance states
- The factors that determine whether using hypnosis will do harm or not.
This webinar gives you important information – it explains the positive uses of hypnosis, and what it is, but also informs you about how unscrupulous people can abuse it and how others, often unwittingly, can do harm through a lack of understanding.
The College does not provide therapy for anyone abused by hypnotherapists or hypnotists. We provide training for therapists and other health and welfare professionals, and information for the general public.
For those interested there is more information on hypnosis in the book, The Brain’s Big Bang – The Explosive Origin of Creativity, Mysticism and Mental Illness, written by the founders of the Human Givens Approach to mental health and wellbeing.
Alarming but very helpful. Thank you for making us aware of the dangers, something few teachers seem to understand.O. Dale, San Francisco
Thank you so much for a fantastic 1.5 hours of learning.K. Marlow