HG Supervisor Training
Course Dates: see below
Length: 6 days (9.30am – 5.30pm)
Course requirements: See below
Qualification: HG Supervisor / Supervisor-tutor
- Price: £1,795 per person
LIMITED PLACES AVAILABLE - price includes all tuition, ongoing assessment, refreshments and lunch each day.
This intensive 6 days of tuition, feedback, skills practice and ongoing assessment is your route to becoming a fully-qualified human givens supervisor.
Effective supervision offers many opportunities for learning and growth, as well as providing invaluable support. Successfully completing this training will enable you to work as a supervisor-tutor with Part 3 trainees and as a supervisor with qualified HG therapists.
What you will learn
- What HG supervision is and an understanding of the governance framework
- A structured approach to supporting a trainee though Part 3
- How to support an experienced therapist
- How learning and memory works and why this matters
- How to use a range of supervisory approaches, methods and techniques
- How to assess and give feedback and how to notice if that has been received
- A deeper understanding of ethics, your role and your responsibilities
- How to address concerns about supervisees
- How to support a supervisee who is subject to a complaint
How you will be assessed
This course is designed to enhance the growth and development of your knowledge and skills, your understanding and practice and to assess your competence as a supervisor-tutor. It is therefore a combination of assessment and learning.
Throughout the course, therapists practise and demonstrate through discussion, exploration and reflection, a broad range of skills and topics. Assessment will be on-going throughout the course by the two highly experienced tutors and you will also be given feedback from your peers and the experienced facilitators.
Becoming a supervisor isn’t just about taking the next step; being a good supervisor also brings with it a wealth of new opportunities:
- Collaborative working
- Own learning and development
- Stretch and challenge – in a different way to therapy
- Career progression
- Quarterly CPD events
- Annual Supervisors’ CPD day
- Supervisors Peer Group
Deadline for applications – to be advised when the next course dates are announced (provisionally Spring 2025) – how to apply.
- To apply, you must be an experienced HG therapist who has delivered a minimum of 1,000 sessions of one-to-one HG therapy and is registered with the HGI
- You must have the support of your supervisor/s, and
- Submit the information required by the application process by the deadline (this will be announced when we have the next course dates available, provisionally Spring 2025).
The HG Supervisor course is made up of two blocks of 3 days, held approx. a month apart. We typically run our supervisor training once every 18–24 months.
The next course is provisionally planned for the Spring of 2025 – if you are interested in applying, please let us know via the form below.
Part 1: Thursday–Saturday – dates TBC
Part 2: Thursday–Saturday – dates TBC
Venue: Novotel Leeds Centre Hotel, Leeds
Please note: There are only 12 places available on this course, all subject to the application process.
Register your interest
If you are interested in becoming an HG Supervisor and would like to apply for the next course, please complete the form below to let us know.
Meet your tutors
Julian is a Human Givens (HG) practitioner who for the past 20 years has been mentoring HG therapists, teaching various HG seminars & workshops and delivering the HG College’s HG supervision training course.
Ros Townsend is an experienced psychotherapist and supervisor with busy practices in SW England, where she combines private therapy work with referrals from Occupational Health and the NHS.