Couples Therapy: Neurodiversity and relationships (Online)
Date: Tues 11th Oct 2022
Length: 4 Hours (8.45am–1.00pm BST)
Tutor: Jennifer Broadley
CPD Certificate: 4 hours
- Price: £110 per person
Includes course notes
Book your place
Select a date
Jennifer's knowledge and experience shone through
Live training delivered online – join Jennifer Broadley for another jam-packed session live online on Tuesday 11th October 2022 via Zoom. You will have plenty of opportunities to ask questions. Simply book your place and we will send you email confirmation – your Zoom link will be sent the day before the event.
EXTRA BONUS – the training is recorded, in case anyone experiences technical difficulties, so you will also get a recording for 2 weeks afterwards to maximise your learning.
This additional training session gives us more time to look at how neurodiversity can impact relationships
In most cases, applying the skills and techniques learned in the Couples Therapy Online Masterclass is all that’s needed to help a couple move forward in their relationship. Sometimes though, some extra focused knowledge of the challenges within specific types of relationship can help a therapist assess more quickly and meaningfully the relationship dynamic, allowing them to more effectively help the couple find a constructive and compassionate way forward.
Why take this course
If you already work with couples in your salaried work or private practice and you want to develop more insight into the different ways neurodivergence can impact couples specifically, and relationships generally, then this online training is for you.
Neurodiversity has been given significant media attention recently, which is all hugely positive. As a result though, more people are seeking out information and answers for their questions and personal experiences. As part of that process, they may well seek some counselling or therapy. It’s important then that, as therapists or counsellors, our knowledge, skillset, language and stories stay as up-to-date and relevant as possible to best serve our clients. In this session, we take time to clarify what’s most helpful and identify practical steps that can help.
What will you learn
- Debunking the myths about neurodiversity – and replacing them instead with newer, more positive and inclusive research-based thinking
- The value (or not) of a diagnosis – and the possibility of mis-diagnosis
- The challenges when one or both partners are neurodiverse
- The most effective tools to support a re-steer back to respect and compatibility
- What to look out for with right- and left-brain-orientated neurodiversity
- How best to get mutual emotional needs met when two partners have different priorities, awareness and emotional expectations
- Having a neuro-divergent child – and how that can impact a relationship (positively and otherwise)
- Managing expectations – around the speed of change, and the consistency of more-respectful and kinder behaviours after therapy is complete
- Strategies that could work well with a neuro-divergent partner – and when might we have to get more creative
- A therapist’s next steps – when they suspect one or both of a couple is neurodivergent.
- And much more…
You will also have the opportunity to ask Jennifer questions and benefit from the discussions resulting from those asked by others.
Who is this course suitable for?
- Anyone who has previously attended our Couples masterclass 1-day workshop (live or in person).
- Anyone working with couples, perhaps as a relationship counsellor or couples therapist, who would like further insights and ideas for helping couples when one or more is neurodivergent
This course is not a substitute for therapy.
Register your interest – next date
If you can’t make this course, please complete the form below and we’ll email you when another date becomes available.
Jennifer Broadley spoke from such a helpful experience and I could have listened to her all day! She made the content enjoyable and I now feel confident to push forward with my couples work.Kerry Coles-Poyser, Person Centred-Counsellor