How to build a successful private practice
Being a good counsellor or therapist isn’t the only thing you need to be able to fill your practice with clients. This course gives you essential business and marketing skills, time-saving devices, pricing tips and much more so you can concentrate on what you do best – helping your clients…
How to build a successful private practice
Length: 1 day (9.30am - 4.00pm)
Tutor: Jennifer Broadley
CPD Certificate: 6 hours
- Price: £192 per person
Price includes lunch, refreshments and course notes
Book your place
Select a location & date
Brilliant, this course has shown me what I need to focus on – and where to put my energy, money and time!Counsellor
There are currently no dates for this course – please contact us if you would like to be informed when the next date is announced.
Why take this course
Whether you’re starting out in private practice, or have been in business for a while, this new course will help you build the practice and lifestyle you want – it will also SAVE you time and money…
Although word of mouth is one of the best ways to get business, being a good counsellor or therapist isn’t always enough to fill your practice with clients – and that’s where the easy-to-learn, simple but effective business and marketing skills you will learn on this course come in.
Jennifer Broadley has been a qualified and practicing Human Givens Therapist for 8 years and has been in business for herself for over 20 years. She brings her extensive knowledge of the personal and professional ups and downs of that to life in this practical and motivating day.
You will also gain a wealth of time-saving devices and tips that others who have successfully built their thriving practices have used, all of which will allow you to focus more on your clients.
Jennifer built her business, Healthy Chat, from no clients to full practice within 2 years. She has tried-and-tested marketing strategies and will share with you the ones that have worked for her and the ones that haven’t. She is fully transparent with her client numbers, systems and finances so that you will leave the course clear about whether a full-time or part-time therapy practice is for you – and how to go about getting the work/life balance you want.
I’ve learned so much! A must for everyone setting up a therapy businessHealth Visitor
What will you learn
- The essential actions to take when starting your practice from scratch – what’s worth spending money on and what’s not
- Confidence to take on your first client(s) or increase your client intake until you have a full practice
- Clear systems for starting or growing your counselling / therapy practice
- A good understanding of what’s worth spending money on and what is not
- Tools to ensure clients easily find you, trust that you can help, and then book sessions with you
- Clarity about how long to work with a client – average timings and outliers (for stress, trauma, panic attacks, relationships, etc); when to keep a client and when to let a client go
- Key information that will help you decide how much to charge and when/whether to be flexible
- Time-saving methods for client management: intake, treatment, ending well and future follow up
- How to manage yourself as a business owner – when to work hard, when to take time out
- How to make your therapy practice fit in with the lifestyle you want to live – and what to do to avoid becoming overwhelmed
- When (or whether) to let go of your full or part-time work and shift to letting your counselling practice support you financially
- How to get your 9 emotional needs met while working for yourself
- How to define your ideal client(s) and where to find them
- Practicalities: taking payments, tracking your numbers, meeting your targets, turnover v’s net income, paying VAT (or not), paying tax, chasing non-payments
- Creating a healthy, open attitude and language around money and finances
- How to set up your therapy practice to be financially successful and more…
The ‘How to build a successful private practice’ course starts at 9.30am and runs until 4.00pm.
Who is this course suitable for?
- Anyone who wants to set up a private therapy or counselling practice
- If you’re already in private practice and want to increase your client numbers, work less and earn more, you’ll also benefit from attending
- Anyone who is presently in full or part time salaried work and is considering moving to self employment or entrepreneurialism
Really useful to benefit from things that have already been tried and tested.Therapeutic Coach
Very well structured and delivered. Having hand-outs with all the information on is invaluable – saves you trying to take notes as well as listen.Wellbeing co-ordinator of Solent Mind
Lots and lots of practical tips based on experience and things to take back to consider and work through. Empowering in terms of encouraging us to shape our practice around the work/life balance.Occupational Therapist