Anti-Bullying Week – United Against Bullying
This week (16th to 20th November), millions of children across the UK will take part in Anti-Bullying Week – organised each year by the Anti-Bullying Alliance. The Alliance is a coalition of organisations and individuals, working together to stop bullying and create safer environments in which children and young people can live, grow, play and learn.
Bullying can happen to anyone at any time – and its impact on an individual’s mental health can be devastating.
There is a strong link between mental health and bullying … young people who have experienced bullying are more likely to experience mental health issues and those who have mental health issues are more likely to be bullied”The Anti-Bullying Alliance
Feeling safe, secure and valued is essential to children’s mental wellbeing and healthy development. As parents, carers, teachers and friends, we can all help to stop, and prevent, bullying – but sometimes it can be difficult to know where to begin.
In this newly recorded audio series, Pat Capel – classroom teacher of 25 years and trained HG psychotherapist – shares invaluable insights and clear techniques that can be applied in any situation. By approaching bullying behaviour – and its consequences – through the lens of unmet emotional needs, Pat shows how the HG approach sheds light on why bullying behaviour happens, and unlocks practical and effective strategies for preventing – and stopping – it.
Our impact is stronger when we work together. Discover how you can play your part …
Find out more
- Find out how schools are using the human givens approach
- Access clear, jargon-free resources for supporting children’s mental health
- Discover more about the HG approach
Join an expert HG tutor to learn more:
- How to help children thrive – live online Tues 24th November
- How to reduce anxiety in students and young people – webinar
- Overcoming Self-harm – online course
- How to work effectively with troubled and troublesome teens – live online
- Understanding and treating anxiety in children and teens – live online
You may also like
How to help children thrive
This practical LIVE ONLINE course covers: helping children deal with difficult emotions, improving challenging behaviour, the developmental impact of difficult life experiences & trauma, improving communication – and much more... Tuesday 10th May 2022