A closer look at our innate resources
Date: TBA – please register your interest below
Length: 1 day (9.30am - 4.00pm)
Suitable for: All health and welfare professionals – and anyone interested in what makes us who we are
CPD Certificate: 6 hours
* Limited places *
Book your place
Please register your interest in this course.
- Price: £192 per person
Price includes course notes
Out of stock
Live online – New date TBA, please register your interest via the form below.
This new live online workshop gives you the unique opportunity to benefit from the extensive knowledge and experience of Ivan Tyrrell and Carol Harper from the comfort of your own home. There will be plenty of opportunities to ask questions and for stimulating discussion. All you need is a quiet place to watch, a PC or tablet and a strong internet signal, the rest is easy – simply book your place as normal, and we will email you details of how to join the Zoom workshop
NB The training will be recorded and made available to delegates for a week afterwards in case anyone experiences technical difficulties on the day.
The depth of wisdom and practical application encapsulated in the human givens approach is remarkableJ Anderson
Why take this course
Nature provided us with a wealth of inbuilt resources to help us get our innate physical and emotional needs met.
They are a fundamental part of being human, what we call human ‘givens’, and can be usefully thought of as internal guidance systems that not only enable us to survive but to achieve remarkable things. They have been continuously refined over thousands of years and are still evolving.
A lot of attention is given to the importance of ensuring that people’s innate emotional and physical needs are met well – but our resources are an integral part of this: if they are not fully developed, or are misused or even damaged, we can suffer greatly.
An in-depth understanding of these guidance systems, how they work and what they do for us, is essential if you wish to help others, improve our society, or understand yourself and those around you better. This is especially true if you are an involved parent, teacher, manager, or any kind of therapist. If you work with, or for, others you need this knowledge – understanding what makes us all ‘tick’ should be at the heart of everything we do.
Ivan has a great sense of humour, and delivers his content with ease making learning enjoyable. The course content is incredibly useful, insightful and easy to understand.Elaine (Effective Brief Psychotherapy online course)
What you will gain
- A deeper understanding of yourself and others
- More insight into the holistic nature of the rich but incomplete patterns that we inherit from our genes
- How and why these patterns must seek their completion in the environment
- An increased understanding of how memory is involved in learning – from birth to old age
- Guidance about how malleable memory is and why forgetting is as important as remembering
- The unexpected science behind emotional arousal – how emotions are created moment by moment
- A deeper understanding of the APET model – and why metaphorical pattern matching is central to all human interactions and endeavours
- Greater insight into why emotions create trance states in us – and the role this plays in many disorders
- Why being able to go into trance is essential for learning
- A richer understanding of the important role imagination plays
- A better understanding of how dreaming preserves the integrity of our genetic inheritance
- The confidence and skills to build on the instinct for rapport and what happens when that instinct is only crudely met in infancy
- An understanding of how rapport plays an import part in language acquisition
- How to counter the blight of loneliness
- Why reasoning is important and so difficult for some people
- What it means to ‘know’ something
- How we can check out our own emotional responses and biases
- We also consider whether intuition is an innate resource and the role accessing the Observing Self has in spiritual development
- And much more…
No prior knowledge of the human givens approach is needed to benefit from this course.
The ‘A closer look at our innate resources’ live online course starts at 9.15am and runs until 4.00pm (GMT+1hr).
This new live online event gives you a unique opportunity to train with Ivan Tyrrell, co-founder of the human givens approach, and co-author with Joe Griffin of best-selling books about our innate needs and resources. He will be joined by senior tutor Carol Harper – and together they will draw on their extensive knowledge and lifetimes’ experience to share key insights that will deepen your psychological understanding and increase your ability to help people.
Throughout the day there will be plenty of opportunities for you to ask questions and for stimulating discussion.
Register your interest
If you would like to be first to know once the new date is released, please complete the form below and we will keep you up to date.