FOR A LONG time there has been a need for a new model of psychotherapy that integrates the major scientific findings of recent decades with the best of therapeutic practice from diverse disciplines. The APET™ model has been developed as a result of research findings about the pattern-matching nature of brain functioning and offers a scientific basis for why human givens therapy is so effective. It incorporates the latest neurophysiological and psychological discoveries into a practical and powerful format for brief therapy and counselling.
As well as describing the APET™ model this monograph explains:
- how the unconscious mind connects with reality,
- child development and why brains are pattern-matching organs,
- why cognitive therapy takes so long and how it can be updated to incorporate new findings about brain functioning,
- why placebos work,
- how environment changes behaviour,
- the dangers of ‘nocebo’ counselling,
- the importance of meaning and stories in our lives,
- why metaphors are integral to learning and how to use the APET™ model for treating depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress, panic attacks and OCD etc.
It shows how the human givens approach integrates the very best therapeutic techniques that are known to work, combining them in an organic way.
(Please note the contents of this monograph are also covered in the book: 'Human Givens: a new approach to emotional health and clear thinking'.)
Format: A5 Printed Booklet