This is one of the most startling and uplifting books about depression ever written – the ‘essence of hope’.
Griffin and Tyrrell are the foremost teachers of effective psychotherapy for depression in Europe. Without ‘psychobabble’, false sentiment or jargon, they make it easy to understand the causes of depression and why so many of us are so vulnerable to it. More importantly, they describe how to overcome it. Thousands throughout the UK and Ireland have already benefited from their approach. Now you can too.
'How to lift depression ...fast' shatters many myths. It provides clear guidelines, with case histories, for helping people get out of depression, even those at high risk of committing suicide. Just reading it can raise your mood and put joy, pleasure and meaning back into life, even in the bleakest of circumstances.
This book answers vital questions, many not tackled before:
– How to get out of depression quickly
– Why depressed people wake up so exhausted
– How worrying and dreaming are linked to depression
– How to make your life meaningful
– What harm antidepressant drugs can do to the brain
– Why postnatal depression can also be lifted quickly
– Why some common forms of counselling and psychotherapy
often make depression worse
– How to ‘inoculate’ yourself against depression.
ONE-DAY COURSE: 'Understanding the cycle of depression'
ONE-DAY COURSE: 'How to lift depression - a practical skills-based day'