Understanding and lifting depression
by Joe Griffin and Ivan Tyrrell
Format: Audio CD / Digital Audiobook
ISBN: 1-899398-71-6 (CD), 1-899398-22-8 (Digital)
- From: £6.99 - £9.95
The profound insights in this MP3 could transform mental health treatment worldwide if they were more widely known. Despite being one of the most easily treatable emotional disorders, depression still affects the lives of countless people.
Essential to any successful treatment is a solid understanding of what depression really is and the best ways to lift it quickly.
This uplifting recording dispels myths and throws light on fundamental questions:
- why depression is on the increase, including the effects of our modern diet
- the reasons people become depressed and how to diagnose it
- the cycle of depression: the crucial link between worry and dreaming
- why depressed people wake up exhausted and lose motivation
- why depression is not caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain
- the risks involved in taking antidepressants, and the damage they can do
- the problem with addictive lifestyles: alcohol, TV, materialism, etc.
- which types of counselling and psychotherapy can prove helpful, and why, and which can actually deepen depression
- how bi-polar disorder (manic depression) can be managed safely and why postnatal depression can also be lifted quickly
- the essential components of effective therapy for depression.
Please note: We are unable to deliver this CD to an EU address. Please select the ‘Digital Download’ option instead.
You may also like
Effective anxiety management
...without drugs: Anyone, either suffering from excessive anxiety or treating it, will benefit enormously from listening to this informative audiobook. Stress, panic attacks, social anxiety, phobias, (PTSD), nightmares and other distressing anxiety disorders like obsessive compulsions (OCD) are just some of the topics dealt with.
Freedom from addiction
The secret behind successful addiction busting: If you want to overcome your own addictive behaviour – whatever it is – or are interested in helping others to overcome theirs, this down-to-earth, easy-to-read book gives the clear guidance and practical steps you need to do so.