Editorial: Driving emotions
How we are: News, views and information:
- IAPT failings
- Personal therapy for trainee counsellors: pros and cons
- Weather and mood
- Better self-awareness
- Good connections
- Why assessors start to mark higher
- Do’s and don’t’s of therapy
- Messages about masculinity
- The ill-health effects of rumination
- New understandings about fibromyalgia
- Social engagement
- Influencing adolescents through respect
- Novel solution to comfort eating for depression
- How it feels to hear voices
- Hope as a therapeutic tool
- Nutrients for psychosis
- Outcomes for black-and-white thinking
- ‘Situation selection’ for the socially anxious
- Strength and brainpower
Running away with the circus
Pat Williams reflects on the circus as a metaphor for a more real life.
The mental health continuum: spreading the message
Jon Neal vividly illustrates how Suffolk Mind is introducing HG ideas across a whole county.
FIRST PERSON Whistleblower – an HG perspective
Bernie Rochford recounts her shocking experience when, as a clinical commissioner, she raised patient safety concerns.
Inside our ethics committee
Ian Thomson presents illuminating cases which the Registration and Professional Standards Committee considered over the year.
Time to turn down the heat
John Bell, Ivan Tyrrell and John Zada explain why they set up The Conciliators Guild and what it is starting to achieve.
Tipping the scales: an HG approach to weight management
Fiona Sheldon describes her inspiring work in an NHS clinic for patients struggling to overcome obesity
Speeding up recovery from major trauma
Janette Houghton tells how she helped herself recover more quickly from serious physical injury caused in a car crash.
Surfing the waves of PTSD
Rich Emerson describes how veterans with PTSD and/or lifechanging injuries were helped to overcome limiting perspectives.
Fostering good practice Millie Hamblin shares what HG has brought to her role as a foster carer – and the shortfalls it shows up in the system
PLUS: Book Reviews
Format: Digital PDF Journal (60pp)
ISBN: 1473-4850 (ISSN)
Publication date: 07/06/2018