Editorial: Greed, duplicity – and a new dawn?
How we are: News, views and information:
- ‘Dirty’ clinical trials
- stress and support
- mindfulness and false memory
- body language and trust
- evolutionary explanation for feeling positive
- CBT not working so well for depression
- stroke and fatigue
- gender bias in assessing creativity
- psychological distance and relationships
- concentration is catching
- university-style Emotional Needs Audit
- depressed people may choose sadness
- drug withdrawal problems
- reversing negative symptoms in schizophrenia
- pain of caring for loved one with Alzheimer’s
- undesired effects of diagnostic labelling
- feeling, but not seeing, blue
- impact of emotional court testimony
- ideology and threat
- child porn
- guilt-proneness and empathy
What it is that really counts
Pat Williams looks at the power of essential difference.
PTSD in veterans: the family perspective
Christine Lauritsen says families of veterans may not only need help themselves but be key in bringing help to their loved ones.
Taking the army out of the squaddie: a story of PTSD
Judith Shaw describes a challenging piece of work with a client.
Better to be human
Psychiatric drugs do more harm than good and can dehumanise, a recent conference heard. Denise Winn was there.
Time to rethink psychiatry
Denise Winn talks with Hugh Middleton about the state psychiatry is in and why the future could be very different.
Lessons in wellbeing
Sue Cheshire describes a course for people on benefits for chronic conditions that helped them to reclaim their lives.
7:11 breathing rediscovered
Miles Daffin unearths hidden depths to this calming technique.
Nursing within the NHS: how the human givens helps
Julia Desousa illustrates how the human givens approach has enhanced her ability to help patients.
Karen Clark describes her creative work with parents of young people at risk of, or already caught up in, child sexual exploitation.
PLUS: Book Reviews
Format: Digital PDF Journal (60pp)
ISBN: 1473-4850 (ISSN)
Publication date: 20/12/2015