Editorial: What’s right
How we are: News, views and information:
- Buried bad findings from antidepressant trial
- Trial criteria exclude most patients
- Side effects of psychotherapy
- Body shape and personality
- The liking gap
- Hidden IAPT costs
- Why giving advice is motivating
- Bipartisan bias
- Patterns of learning
- EMDR and false memory
- Hallucination proneness
- The good news about depression
- Neurons’ dual role in traumatic memories
- Misunderstandings about expressing gratitude
- Recasting the past to reduce anxiety
- Storytelling: what grabs us
- Socialising and memory
- Impulse control problems in Parkinson’s
- Immune cells and sex
- Politics of self-harm
- Romantic rejection
- Disempowering negative memories
Finding it all in spacetime
With the aid of small wildlife, Pat Williams contemplates the bigger picture.
"They took my children!"
Jessica Long shows how the HG approach can help parent devastated by the legal removal of children from their care.
Keeping in balance: how latest neuroscience links with HG
Jenny Edwards explores how scientific discoveries around energy capacity and feelings connect with HG.
DNA and the dance of life
Steven Heine tells Denise Winn that, while genes create life, they definitely don’t control it.
Self-belief in education
Gavin Jinks and Denise Harber describe how they built self-belief in university students and primary school children, respectively.
Why emotions are sensational
Denise Winn explores how our interpretation of sensations from our bodies affects our experience of emotion.
Antidepressant withdrawal: cat finally out of the bag?
The mounting evidence that withdrawal symptoms have been significantly underestimated by mental health professionals.
The power of appearances
Emily Gajewski discusses the impact on both client and therapist of where sessions are carried out.
Human needs at work
Joe Griffin introduces a new idea for speeding the adoption of HG insights in the workplace.
PLUS: Book Reviews
Format: Digital PDF Journal (60pp)
ISBN: 1473-4850 (ISSN)
Publication date: 10/12/2018